What I am about to suggest may sound painful, and down right blasphemous to some, but trust me, you will thank me later. Are you ready?
It’s time to end your love affair with the Starbucks “skinny” green tea latte, and welcome this new bestie… I give you the real skinny chai green tea protein latte. It’s a mouthful, I know, but it is sooo delicious. And there’s a bonus… it will actually help you stay skinny.
Why, you ask?
Whether it’s mid-morning or mid-afternoon everyone needs a little protein boost between meals to sustain them to the next meal and to help keep the metabolism high. This delicious protein drink does just that without any added sugars or calories and you can use ingredients that you probably already have! You save money and keep your waistline thin, that’s a win, win.
Whether sitting at a your work desk or sitting down to study, everything gets better when you have one of these drinks to sip on. We need to make sure we are eating enough good sources of protein. One scoop of this MRM protein provides 18g of protein, so when I drink this post-workout, I usually add 1 1/2 scoops to be sure I am refueling my body with enough protein. But enough of the chit-chat, let’s get to the recipe…
CHAI GREEN TEA PROTEIN LATTE
* 1-1 1/2 scoops of MRM Vanilla Protein Powder
* 2 Tea Bags of Stash Green Tea – Chai Tea
* 1/4 Cup of Coconut milk (warmed)
* 1/2 Cup water (boiled)
* Honey optional
1. Heat/boil water until very hot.
2. Stick two tea bags in the water and let steep for at least 4 minutes, then remove tea bags.
3. Heat coconut milk so that it is warmer than warm, but not cool.
4. Mix 1 – 1 1/2 scoops of protein with the tea and stir, blend, or whip.
5. Add in Coconut milk, then whip again (I prefer using a hand immersion blender) to make it frothy.
6. Add honey as desired to sweeten it.
7. Drink and enjoy. I highly recommend that you add these tasty homemade GLUTEN FREE protein bars by Yummy Mummy Kitchen to your latte experience!
If you are on the AIP diet, click here for my AIP version of this yummy drink.
I hope you have enjoyed this post, let me know what you think!
*Photo Credits: This gorgeous photo is compliments of Detoxinista